SHOWINGUPHUMAN.COM PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice explains how showinguphuman.com (hereinafter, showinguphuman, we, our, us) processes your personal data and your rights in relation to the personal data we hold.
(See also our “Cookies Policy”)
For the purposes of any applicable data protection laws including from the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we are the data controller of your personal data.
If you have any questions about these rights or how your personal data is used by us, you should contact the data protection individual at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How we use your personal data will depend upon how you use our services. This Notice has the following parts:
What personal data we collect, how we use your data, who we share your data with and our legal basis for processing your data.
General processing (e.g. marketing and market research, running competitions, administering websites)
How your personal data is collected
We collect your personal data from the following sources:
- From you, when you:
- fill in forms on our website or our apps, for example to order products or services, to sign up to a mailing list, or to register to use our website and apps;
- participate in a discussion forum or interact on our social media accounts;
- communicate with us by mail, telephone, fax, email, social media, webinars, online customer services, or in person;
- complete surveys or testimonials.
- From third parties such as software providers:
- who analyze your use of our websites;
- provide our e-commerce solution; as well as those who process Open Access fees on our behalf; as well as those service providers we appoint to host discussion forums, online courses, webinars and online chat, or administer surveys and market research on our behalf;
- Paypal is our current payment provider, subject to change without notice.
What categories of personal data are collected?
Identification and contact details
- biographical information such as your name, title, date of birth, age and gender;
- images and your likeness (as captured in a photograph provided to us or on video that we capture for webinars, interviews and when filming for showinguphuman's other legitimate purposes);
- your contact details including address, email address, phone number and social media identifiers;
Online and transactional
- when you visit our website we collect details of your Internet Protocol (IP) address, location (including institution), browser type and version, and operating system;
- information you provide in your communications with us;
- your opinion as you express it in chat, forums and interviews;
- products you have purchased and details of financial transactions;
- content and links you accessed in our marketing emails;
Special categories of personal data
- where appropriate, we may obtain diversity and background information including ethnic origin, race, religious and political beliefs, health data or information concerning your sex life and sexual orientation, that you provide to us in our surveys or for our market research.
How we use your data, the basis for processing your data and with whom we share it:
As part of a contractual relationship
We may process your personal data because it is necessary for the performance of a contract to deliver products you have engaged us for, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract. In this respect, we use your personal data to provide products and/or services that you (or your organization) have requested from us and to communicate with you in relation to these products.
We will provide your data to the following (but only for purposes connected with our fulfilling contracts with you):
- third party service providers such as shipping companies and our website platform providers who assist us in delivering our products to you;
- our banks to whom payment details are provided in order to process a payment;
- our data storage providers;
Your personal data will also be processed because it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party. This will always be weighed against your rights, interests and expectations. Examples of where we process data for purposes that fall under legitimate interests include:
- marketing showinguphuman and our services/products online, or by mail, telephone, SMS, social media and email (except where we provide communications under contract, or in situations where it is required or appropriate to seek your consent);
- measuring and understanding the effectiveness of our advertising and to allow us (and third parties who advertise on our website and apps) to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- recording calls for staff training and quality assurance purposes (including for the purposes of establishing the existence of facts in connection to the content of a call);
- processing technical information about your use of our website and apps to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner and to allow you to use interactive features of our website and apps;
- processing enquiries, complaints and analyzing our services;
- consulting our professional advisers (including legal) where it is necessary for us to obtain their advice or assistance;
- providing your data to a buyer or prospective buyer of the whole or a part of our business (except in circumstances where this is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party);
- dealing with enquiries and investigations by authorities where a statutory or regulatory obligation does not exist.
In this respect, in addition to those parties named above, we will provide your data to the following:
- direct marketing providers;
- Google Analytics and Squarespace Analytics who receive technical information in relation to how you use our website;
- third parties for marketing purposes where we have your consent to share your information for this purpose.
Our Legal Obligations
Your personal data will also be processed by showinguphuman for compliance with its legal and regulatory obligations such as:
- the detection and prevention of crime and in order to assist the police and other competent authorities with investigations;
- to comply with tax legislation and subject access requests of others; and
- to comply with any regulatory obligations to which we are, or may become, subject.
In this respect, we may in specific circumstances need to share your personal data with third parties who have made legitimate requests under data protection law; the police and other law enforcement agencies.
In some circumstances showinguphuman may seek your explicit consent to process your personal data: for example, if we wish to use your likeness or an attributed quote in our materials or where it is otherwise appropriate.
Special categories of personal data
Where we process special categories of personal data, we do so under the following bases:
- to protect your vital interests; for example to inform an emergency contact emergency services in the event of your illness or other emergency;
- with your explicit consent, for example if you provide information about your health, ethnicity, sexual orientation or religious beliefs, etc in a survey for our market research or information where this is relevant to access to (or a discount on) a product;
- where processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim.
Profiling and automated decision making
We use personal characteristics such as age, gender, address, role, your expressed interests, your previous interactions with showinguphuman or geographical location to target our communications to a specific audience.
International transfers of data
Showinguphuman will, in limited circumstances, disclose personal data to third parties, or allow personal data to be stored or handled, in countries outside the United States of America and the European Economic Area. In these circumstances, your personal data will only be transferred on one of the following bases:
- where the transfer is subject to this policy and/or one or more of the "appropriate safeguards" for international transfers prescribed by applicable law (e.g. standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission under Article 46(2)(c) GDPR).
- under an approved certification mechanism such as Privacy Shield (Article 42 GDPR);
- a European Commission decision provides that the country or territory to which the transfer is made ensures an adequate level of protection (Article 45 GDPR);
- there exists another situation where the transfer is permitted under applicable law (for example, where we have your explicit consent).
How long we retain your information
We retain your data for as long as is required to provide our products to you or is necessary for our legal purposes or our legitimate interests. In particular, we generally retain data in relation to:
- products and/or services provided by us for ten years after the product has been provided, unless our relationship with you continues for a longer period;
- marketing purposes until you inform us that you no longer wish to hear from us (for example, through clicking ‘unsubscribe’ on an email communication). If you express this preference we may retain your contact details on a suppression list so that you no longer receive communications from us.
Your rights under data protection legislation
GDPR provides you with the following additional rights:
- To request that we erase your personal data;
- To request that we restrict our data processing activities in relation to your personal data;
- To receive from us the personal data we hold about you, which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of transmitting that personal data to another data controller; and
- To require us to correct the personal data we hold about you if it is incorrect.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and requests may be refused where exceptions apply.
To initiate this process please contact us at showinguphuman.com, see “contact“ section, and we will collect the immediate information we need and this will be followed up by us.